
Today is Father's Day. This is my fourth Father's Day as an actual dad, and it has been by far my best. Chanel made me some sweet Broncos pajama pants, complete with pockets. She also gave me a cool shirt that says "New York. Paris. London. Rome. Castle Rock." I really think CR belongs in the same category as those other cities, but I'll save that for another blog. We had some amazing steaks, vegetables and a potato dish. Had a waiter brought this meal to me at a restaurant I would have demanded he escort me to the kitchen so I could shake the hand of the epicural genius that developed the tasty masterpiece. But it was Chanel, so I gave her props and ate like a man that hadn't eaten in a number of decades. Man that woman can cook. I mean she can really cook. She can also make me feel like I'm the most special, most loved man alive. I love her like absolutely crazy.
I'm really thankful that I have the opportunity to be a father. A talk given in church today helped me understand how important the role of father is. The speaker gave statistics about homes without fathers, and it seems that the kids in these homes don't fare as well as the kids in homes with dad around.
I love my girls. I choke up when I think about them growing up and getting married. I want to be a cool dad when they start dating but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be Rambo and hunt down the potential escorts with my big machine guns, hand grenades and machettis. I want to protect them at all costs.
Those fathers out there that are reading this know what I mean when I say I love my girls. I can't explain the deep love I have, the joy I get when Julia hugs me or Lauren Grace smiles at me. My heart melts when I'm around them. The world stops spinning and all my troubles go away when I see them. No matter what happens to me professionally, I will always be their daddy, and that means the entire world to me. I thank God for giving me a miniature view of what He feels for all his children.
I'm thankful for Chanel. She is an incredible mom, and an awesome wife. I don't know how she does what she does, but I'm very glad that she does. We're best friends. She has helped me become the person that I am. What a cool chick.
In other news, I built a bunk bed for the girls. I have a hard time building sandwiches, let alone beds, so I decided to document the monumentous event. Check out the progression photos.


Finally, what blog would be complete without a few artsy shots of Lauren Grace?


2 comments:
Ryan - Okay, so I'm a comment hog. Sue me. First off, good job with the bunk bed. Dontcha love doign that stuff. Man I sure do. Also, the picture of you in your Father's Day, uh, outfit (does that qualify as an "outfit?") on Chanel's blog is classic R-Diggity. That shirt is the very definition of "awesome." Peace. - rdt
Ryan - Also, the vision of you, shirtless and greased up, hacking through the jungle with a machete and a machine gun after some soon-to-be-demised would-be-suitor, will stick with me for my entire life. I'm trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. - rdt
Post a Comment