RDT would like me to consider the word "illusion" for my blog today. Two people come to mind: Axl Rose and Richard Bach.
Axl is the lead singer for a rock and/or roll band named Guns N' Roses. In 1991 the band released two albums called Use Your Illusions I and Use Your Illusions II.
Richard Bach is an author and part-time Dancing with the Stars stunt-double. He wrote a book called Illusions.
All this is basic information. However, what most people don't know is that Richard Bach is Axl Rose's biological father. Axl himself didn't find this out until 1987. While he was helping his mother move he came across a picture of his mother and Richard at a flight instructor's convention in Dallas. When Axl confronted his mother she simply said, "I felt like a fish swimming upstream until I met RB. He taught me to jump, Axl, and I owe him everything because of that."
Axl contacted Richard Bach in 1990 from Slash's car phone. They agreed to meet each other for breakfast at the Village Inn in St. George. What happened during that meeting will be the subject of my next documentary. Its working title is Welcome to the Seagull. I'm getting most of my funding from Proctor and Gamble, so there will be quite a bit of product placement. I hope you will watch it.
18 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amazing. Incredible. Hilarious. Axl-tastic. Man, this has been the best week ever. Each post has been better than the last.
I forgot to post a suggestion yesterday, so it'll be posted today and the Week of the Castlerocker will, sadly, close.
By the way, I'm curious what you think the chances are of ever seeing Chinese Democracy, and are you buying it if it ever materializes?
Anyway, thanks for taking me up on the challenge. You've done amazingly.
Peace, brother. - rdt
Post a Comment